Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tasty Localism

Every so often I like to snag a trip that's only a couple of hours long. Living in the Central Valley (flat, flat, farms, farms, sprawl, sprawl) there aren't too many options. Luckily, a visionary soul created a website that catalogs all of hikes in my county. YoloHiker.org should be emulated widely. I credit it for publicising the overlooked places out of doors where one can go if only for a few hours. Every county in America should have their trails documented online.

Last Wednesday morning, a friend and I headed to Cold Canyon for a sunrise hike. While we didn't see as many birds as we had hoped, it was still a wonderful way to start the day. I was even back before most of my friends had taken their showers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home